Software Defined Networking
Software-defined Networking (SDN) makes cloud orchestration complete by providing better visibility and control of the underlying networks to (elastic) cloud applications. It simplifies network management and provisioning for new features/applications/services through the centralized SDN controller, thereby increasing business agility.
Cloud infrastructure (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS) providers can benefit from,
- Traffic isolation between tenants by segregating the physical network into different logical networks handling different flows,
- Better security and application performance, and
- Significant reduction in CapEx and OpEx as a result of better infrastructure utilization, simplified provisioning and management.
ALTEN Calsoft Labs Expertise
ALTEN Calsoft Labs has worked with different open source SDN Controllers such as NOX, POX, Beacon, Floodlight, OpenDaylight (ODL), OpenContrail, Ryu etc. Our SDN solutions includes SDN application development and systems integration services across various commercial SDN Controllers such as NEC ProgrammableFlow Controller, Cyan Blue Planet, HP Virtual Application Networks (VAN) SDN Controller, Juniper Contrail etc.
ALTEN Calsoft Labs’ OpenDaylight (ODL) Expertise
OpenDaylight (ODL) Controller, with its model-driven architecture based on field-proven technologies such as Java, OSGi, REST API, RESTCONF, presents a base SDN platform that is open to enhancements and extensions according to specific needs of users. Calsoft Labs has been engaged in multiple projects on ODL ever since its inception and our expertise include:
- OpenFlow 1.3, AD-SAL and MD-SAL plugin development
- Data modelling based on YANG & dynamic evaluation at runtime
- Development of network applications & dynamic deployment of application bundles using Karaf
- Maven-based build automation and testing using JUNIT & REST clients
- Participated in development of one of the industry’s first OpenFlow compliant switches, and commercial SDN deployment with a Tier-1
- Deep roots in data center networking, Virtual Network Functions (VNFs), network management, SaaS product development and cloud management
- Experience in product development and deployment across all the layers of the cloud stack – IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Only company that supports equipment manufacturers and service providers from Evaluation/PoC stage to Deployment and Operations Support.