Cloud VPN Gateway
Increasing global footprint of enterprises and mobility of workforces has increased the demand for traditional VPN services in terms of security and performance. Various devices other than computers connect to remote office locations through public networks. Securing the data transmitted between these devices and offices spread across geographical locations has become mission critical in a world with new security threats coming from all directions.
A Cloud VPN Gateway solution can be used to provide VPN connectivity to Wi-Fi users or wired residential/enterprise broadband subscribers. It forms an integral part of a Virtual CPE solution with the addition of Firewall, IDS/IPS and other services along with the IPsec VPN Gateway.
ALTEN Calsoft Labs Services
- Architecture, design & development of VNFs
- Intel DPDK based optimization for high performance
- Support for different virtualization architectures (LXC/Para/Full Virtualization)
- Support for different virtual environments (VMware/KVM/Xen)
- Design and development of FCAPS and VNF lifecycle management framework
- Develop VNF packages for a service deployment
- Implement Network Services lifecycle management features
- Integrate and validate with third-party NFV orchestrators or legacy NMS/OSS
VNF Benchmarking and Performance Tuning
- Benchmarking for performance in Enterprise/Telco cloud environments
- Performance improvements with Intel DPDK based optimization
- Fast path optimization using offloading techniques
VNF Porting and Testing
- Porting of VNFs from custom silicon to standard x86 platform
- Migration of VNFs across different hypervisors/OS environments
- Testing VNFs using industry leading test tools/equipments
Cloud VPN Gateway Framework
ALTEN Calsoft Labs has developed a Cloud VPN Gateway framework to address network service providers need, to deploy a future proof, scalable, carrier-grade IPsec VPN Gateway infrastructure that delivers breakthrough performance on industry standard X86 hardware.
ALTEN Calsoft Labs Cloud VPN Gateway is targeted at broadband service providers. The highly scalable carrier grade framework is carefully designed to provide standards-based IPsec VPN services and management functionality, with significantly higher performance compared to traditional VPN Gateway appliances.
The framework has been architected to leverage Intel DPDK to deliver up to 25x performance gain in packet processing on IA, and extensively tested on commonly available servers with Intel Xeon processors.
Cloud VPN Gateway Framework - Technical Specifications
|Layer 3 IPsec VPN Features||Management Features|
|Site-to-site & Remote access VPN||Centralized Management: OpenStack based orchestrator, Role based administration|
|IKE V1 & V2
Diffie-Hellman group 2
|Device Configuration: CLI|
|Encryption Algorithms: AES-CBC-128 & 3DES-CBC||Monitoring & Reporting: Syslog, Application usage statistics|
|Hashing Algorithms: HMAC-MD5 & HMAC-SHA-1|
|Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF)|